East Lancashire Laryngectomee Club
1. The Association
- The Association shall be called “The East Lancashire
Laryngectomee Club” hereafter referred to as the East Lancashire
Laryngectomee Club, The Association, or “Good Vibrations”
- An Independent Group though affiliated to the National Laryngectomy
Club (NALC) with a yearly subscription. NALC has approved of our
2. Objects of the Association
- To represent the interests of laryngectomees who are members
of the East Lancashire Laryngectomee Club.
- To promote the rehabilitation of all laryngectomees.
- To establish and maintain a channel of meaningful dialogue
with professionals and each other.
- To help each other with problems that may arise when learning
- To meet once a month as a social get-together/support group
- To raise money for all or such purposes.
- Membership is open to all laryngectomees
- Membership is for a twelve month period
- Membership is by subscription, payable once a year, running
from September of each year.
- Certain individuals who are not members will be co-opted into
the support group i.e. carers and/or professionals
- The Officers of East Lancashire Laryngectomee Club will consist
of a Chairman, Vice Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer. They have
formed this support group with full member’s agreement.
These positions are up for election every two years by vote.
- will chair meetings and act as returning officer during votes
- shall deputise for the Chairman as necessary
- shall co-ordinate the work of those Committee members who are
- shall organize meetings, write agendas/newsletter and shall
keep a written record of meetings
- shall write, retain and maintain membership lists and issue
membership cards and process applications.
- Shall maintain, in full detail the accounts of The East Lancashire
- The Chairman and Secretary will have full access to accounts
at all times.
- Accounts will be audited in full once a year prior to 1st April
showing all income and expenditure.
- The treasurer will give a full account of income/expenditure
after audit to the members of East Lancashire Laryngectomee Club.
- All withdrawals from the account shall be under the signature
of at least two duly appointed officers of the association who
have been nominated by the members to undertake this task (currently the Chairman and the Treasurer).
- All funds of the association shall be kept in a bank account
in the name of East Lancashire Laryngectomy Club at the TSB Bank,
Lord St West, Blackburn. This can only be changed with discretion
by the Committee Officers.
The Official address will be 4 Montreal Road, Blackburn, Lancashire,